Sunday, September 16, 2012

Done Is Better Than Perfect



I find this saying applies to many aspects of my life. In regards to school work, it is always helpful to remind myself that actually completing a project in a timely manner is much more rewarding than stressing out last minute, trying to achieve my original, unrealistic vision. I think most artists should have a healthy degree of perfectionism and attention to detail, but sometimes you have to realize that perfection is impossible. I find that imperfections in artwork add character and I enjoy when happy accidents happen in my own pieces; it seems that sometimes perfect can be a bit boring. 

Aside from my school work, this motto is equally important in other areas of my life. I have a habit of dreaming up big projects and long to-do lists of things I wish to achieve. I also have a habit of not completely these projects or tackling my to-do lists. I've been trying to take more action in my life and not spend so much time thinking about what I want to do, and actually go do it.  I think I will find myself much happier if I actually start and finish things. Now that the school year has started I find I no longer have time to waste, I must take advantage of every chance I have and maximize my productivity. 

That being said, I think I have become better at managing my time. I can't say I have had to pull an all nighter in quite some time. Hopefully it will stay that way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment